Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

Administrator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm
The quality is second to none.
Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:34 pm
Joe at Ithaca has promised to let me know when they are ready for sale.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 am
Ravengunsmith, I have been wanting to take a trip to your shop for some time now to check out your inventory of Ithacas. I'm hoping to make my way out there in the next couple of months. You have a great site, by the way, and you are well spoken of by the Ithaca guys.

Hope all's well.

SWPG
Vendor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 pm
SharpshooterWPG wrote:Ravengunsmith, I have been wanting to take a trip to your shop for some time now to check out your inventory of Ithacas. I'm hoping to make my way out there in the next couple of months. You have a great site, by the way, and you are well spoken of by the Ithaca guys.

Hope all's well.

SWPG

Aww thanks, sharpshooter, I really appreciate it. Everyone at Ithaca have been so good to me, I can't say anything but the best things about them. They treat me like I was Cabela's and that is no tall tale. I'd gladly give you a tour but you'd be sorely disappointed. I literally operate out of a concrete shed. I'm strictly small time, but if you'd like to go shoot some skeet for 5 stand and try out a phoenix, I'd surely be glad to have you as my guest. And if you are wondering why I would let you try out a phoenix, well that is because the first one I order would be for ME! heh
--Jim
Vendor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:28 pm
DHonovich wrote:The quality is second to none.

That I have no doubts about Doc. they have been fine tuning it for two years now and have told me that they are not going to release it for sale until they are 100% satisfied with it. And i keep asking about it every 3-4 months.

$2800 retail might seem steep for a base model but I have a feeling it will have the same quality as an Italian or German model costing 2-3x more.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 pm
My pleasure, Raven! And thanks for the offer to go shoot. I may just have to take you up on that, but hopefully I can bring my OWN Phoenix along as I'm definitely pushing to get one myself as soon as they start coming off the line!

The Ithaca people just sound like some stand up individuals - focusing on people as well as the product. I'm very happy about the prospect of picking up a nice Phoenix and giving some more business to these folks!

I'm glad to hear what you're saying regarding Ithaca's commitment to putting out a quality product, and I absolutely agree that the Phoenix is on target to be one heckuva gun for a great price compared to even foreign high volume shooting models, let along American models. In fact, I don't think another American O/U even exists in that price range to compete with the Phoenix. It seems like the Phoenix is set to be a fine, American-made, workhorse of a gun of a build quality that will enable it to last for generations. I'm really looking forward to finding out first hand how true that is!
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 pm
You're welcome, SS! They are, I can vouch totally for every last person I have ever dealt with, they are all just super, totally super. I know some people might grouse about the price, but I just know it will be an absolute tank and the equal of O/U's costing alot more. I'll probably get mine dressed up some as I will also being using it as a sales aid. I like to go to matches and set up a table. I know I have been asked alot about the Phoenix so I am sure it will generate plenty of buzz.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:40 pm
any idea on gauges that are available?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:08 am
josepi wrote:any idea on gauges that are available?

My understanding is that the 12 ga. will be launched first with 20 ga. to follow.
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:30 pm
20gapump wrote:
josepi wrote:any idea on gauges that are available?

My understanding is that the 12 ga. will be launched first with 20 ga. to follow.

That is about it, although I have been close to begging from them to get a 28 gauge out the door.

I was pondering talking to briley about getting some tubes made for customers but I don't know how much call there would be.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm
I too want one in 20ga.Saw the video they put out last year and and have been sopping up slobber ever since!If they'd make a NNID(New New Ithaca Double)I'd sell my soul to own one.Can you imagine?!

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:33 pm
What is the status of the Phoenix? I am in the market for a new Trap gun and would consider a Ithaca being that it is American made. Is a trap model coming down the pipe or will this be a field/sporting gun only? Italian shotguns are prettier...but I will buy American if it exists. Can't wait forever and it looks like this gun has been "coming" for several years now. No mention of it on the main page of Ithaca website. Is this real or wishful thinking?
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm
BillyG wrote:What is the status of the Phoenix? I am in the market for a new Trap gun and would consider a Ithaca being that it is American made. Is a trap model coming down the pipe or will this be a field/sporting gun only? Italian shotguns are prettier...but I will buy American if it exists. Can't wait forever and it looks like this gun has been "coming" for several years now. No mention of it on the main page of Ithaca website. Is this real or wishful thinking?

Billy, it IS coming, and I have been told "soon", same for the single shot. I hope it is true becasue I may lose customers if it doesn't
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:07 pm
Jim,

I presume you are a dealer?

My primary cheap O/U is awaiting a new fore grip to arrive (two weeks now) and I am having massive clays withdrawal. I was just fondling a Browning XT Trap a few hours ago that fit me like a glove. But both the M37 Trap and especially the Phoenix have me interested enough that I did not pull the trigger.

Is there a "hurry up and finish the d@mn thing so I can buy one" list that I can get on? I get worried when I do not see any info on the web site about the gun other than what is in this thread. What few articles I can find on the web are a couple years old and they all say, "to be released this Spring..." but those windows have come and gone. Just makes me wonder.

Do they need a test monkey in the South? I have untethered access to our clubs Trap range. I shoot a minimum of a flat of 12 ga a week here in FL. I could put the Phoenix through heat, humidity and salt testing ;-) Toss in hurricane testing too...nothing keeps me off the range.

On a serious note, since you seem to have the inside track with Ithaca...is the M37 Trap still available? I e'd the company but no response yet. I am also interested in purchasing a 8 shot home defense with wood hardware. Can this be done through you? If this question is poor form, I apologize. Let me know the best way to address my question if it is poor forum etiquette.

Bill G.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:14 pm
Dumb me. Just discovered your website linky in your drop down Avatar. If you prefer, I can just call...let me know.
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:13 pm
They still make the M37 trap model, you can get it in either a 60/40 or 70/30 rib. Home defense 8 shots are no problem, although they did go up quite a bit this year. I can get you anything you like, I just need an FFL to ship it to and you'll be in business. Sure, you can call me tomorrow afternoon if you like PM me and I can get you prices.

I wish I could say I have pull to get it released sooner, but they are dedicated to releasing it only after they are 100% sure it will be as durable as a knick or a flues. Or a crass for my good friend, Skeeter.
I've sold a few trap guns and they are pretty nice. the raised comb works very well (at least for me) and the best part is that you can change ribs and barrels at will.

Believe me, I am going to get one of the first ones and set up a table at every trap and skeet match i can and show it off. I know it will draw a crowd.
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm
As soon as they are released I am personally driving out to Ohio and picking out wood to have a pair of his/her phoenix made and maybe their new larabee as well!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:05 pm
I am looking forward to the release of this one as well. Any word if a 16ga will be offered at some point.
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 pm
Chuck Findley wrote:I am looking forward to the release of this one as well. Any word if a 16ga will be offered at some point.

Unknown at this point, but I would imagine if demand is high enough anything is possible.
--Jim
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 pm
DHonovich wrote:As soon as they are released I am personally driving out to Ohio and picking out wood to have a pair of his/her phoenix made and maybe their new larabee as well!

If you do that, please give Joe and Mike a big smooch from me :lol:
--Jim
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:05 pm
Will do!
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:44 am
Oh I am sure they'll love that! Seriously though, Joe and Mike (and everyone else for that matter, especially Zack) are some of the best. They have done so many favors for me I can't count them all.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:36 pm
Still lurking. Since there is no activity...I presume there is no update on release of the bird?
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 am
No Sir, no till the end of the year I have been told, I am afraid
--Jim

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:38 pm
There is a recent post on Shot Gun World stating that the prototype for the final revision is being machined now. The post also states that this model should be available around about the beginning of the year. Assuming that the post is accurate this is great news. While I did not get a chance to shoot the first prototype I did handle it and have a feeling that it will be of the quality that we all have been hoping for.
PreviousNext

Return to Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under