How many UK DSPS’s

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:53 am
I’ve have an Ithaca DSPS with a 24” barrel that I’ve had for a while now, is there any way of finding out how many are still in use / collections here in England and the UK? They don’t come up for sale that often and prices are creeping up. I believe there was a batch imported back in the 80s when Tactical Shotgun ( the predecessor to PSG) was in its infancy.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:24 pm
I seem to recall that about 250 were imported in the '80's by a company in North London. I fear that many fell foul of the legislation shifts whereby they were required to be restricted or re-licenced. I know of a few that were handed in for destruction for the amnesty payment of £150, and a couple that were de-activated. I would guess that that was the fate of quite a few. The survivors are, I am sure, still in 100% working order, probably un-used, maybe unloved sitting, in cabinets around the country. I lost my original DSPS when a dealer who was temporarily holding it for me went out of business, taking mine and a number of other guns to the wall. I currently own a parkerised DS (not PS) and still search for the elusive DSPS. Unfortunately the prices are rising due to the apparent lack of guns in the UK

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 am
Thanks for the info. I love mine but it gets little use but it’s far from unloved. I have a shooting buddy that has tried to persuade me to sell it to him and on occasions when I’ve been broke I’ve almost come close to it. I’d love to find another to dress up as a trench gun.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:19 pm
Revisiting the site I realised that I had not posted a picture of my Deerslayer. This was, I believe, part of the batch imported in the mid '80's that comprised DS and DSPS models with 24" barrels (for UK legislation)
My previous one that was lost to destruction (out of my control) was 7+1, parkerised, badged "Deerslayer Police Special", had sling swivels, drift and click rear sight/ triangle raybar foresight on solid ramp, Pachmayr full pistol stock and matching ringed synthetic forend.
This, my current (1985 model) is also 7+1, parkerised, same sights, but is badged "Deerslayer" and has a plain stock and ringed forend. It shoots like a dream, in the few years I have owned it, I've had not one malfunction.
ds (5).JPG
ds (5).JPG (92.26 KiB) Viewed 19370 times

ds (3).JPG
ds (3).JPG (95.82 KiB) Viewed 19370 times

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Nice!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:00 pm
Just checked back to see if there was any more info here.
Here's a pic of mine with my other pump guns.
Attachments
image1.PNG
image1.PNG (128.97 KiB) Viewed 19201 times

Return to Ithaca Deerslayer