What happened

A place to celebrate the people who have made a difference in the history of Ithaca.

Moderator: ripjack13

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm
This site used to be a very active vibrant site full of information, friendship, and fun. I can not help but notice that the threads of my most recent comments have been locked out. Even more disturbing is that for the most part only one person seems to be allowed to comment on much of anything with out being bullied into submission. I am not sure what any one has done to deserve such treatment and it is sad to see such a good thing go away but it is what it is I guess. I am sure that I will be banned from this site for such strait forward talk but if it makes one person happy to have the whole site to themselves then I guess it is must be for the greater good.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:11 am
Yes this site does seem to have some problems. I tried to make some comments but was unable for a while. Not much happening. Don from BC Canada
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:42 pm
It would be a great shame if this site was deserted by its contributors, I personally have learned so much from conversing with like minded souls on this site across the globe. I will always love my Ithaca’s, my shooting and good company sharing our pastime and passion. May the site prosper and grow with vibrant new members, conversations and dare I say arguments. Whilst we share a common interest, we are always going to be a diverse bunch with opinions and ideas.
Only the membership can re-vitalise the site, come on guys and gals, post some stuff and keep Ithacaowners alive!
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:51 pm
I'll look into what's going on.
I stopped being a mod here a few years ago because my job and family life.
Now I'm not working anymore, so I'll see what I can again...
Former Admin

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:40 pm
I'm really surprised that by this point I have not been blocked, or the thread suspended by now. I would like to see the site to become lively again but we have lost all of our active users because of how many things have been handled. Hopefully things still have a chance to turn around.
Administrator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm
1977cutcher wrote:I'm really surprised that by this point I have not been blocked, or the thread suspended by now. I would like to see the site to become lively again but we have lost all of our active users because of how many things have been handled. Hopefully things still have a chance to turn around.

Yea, We had to remove him. He was doing things that should not have been done. I'm not going to go into specifics, but you already know, just by what you've said.
Former Admin
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:39 pm
I always thought of this sight as more nuts and bolts then sight seeing when it comes to ithacas
but then it got real heavy in a strange way

itd be nice if communications can be open again here
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:44 pm
twistedoak wrote:I always thought of this sight as more nuts and bolts then sight seeing when it comes to ithacas
but then it got real heavy in a strange way

itd be nice if communications can be open again here

I'm working on sending out a mass email to invite members back.
Former Admin

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 am
I drop in from time to time, but don't see much but locked threads. I'm happy things will get back on track, and I'll drop in more often!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:54 am
I'm a new guy here, took about 6 months and a lot of searching for answers before I ever got a notice that I was approved. Ionly check in once a month or so and don't see much activity. Where are all the Ithaca owners?
What sites do you others use for info and discussion regarding these great shotguns?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:16 pm
Most of the active members have migrated over to another site called Shotgunworld under the I love Ithaca tab. While it is a very good site with many good folks, I think this site still has a good a purpose if ran in a friendly manner. I will try to open up a few new threads to see what happens in the near future. First I have to open up a new picture account since Photo bucket now holds everyone's pictures hostage.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 pm
I went to Imgur. No problems. Like you, I have a lot of stuff on photobucket, but have been gradually getting them out.

Return to The Remembered