New Ithaca Tactical M Series Carbine

Moderator: ripjack13

User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:14 am
New Ithaca Tactical M Series Carbine


Sent from my iPhone
Attachments
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326867265.302542.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326867265.302542.jpg (63.65 KiB) Viewed 9200 times
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326867249.743425.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326867249.743425.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 9200 times
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:12 pm
Wow...even Ithaca is getting into the AR biz...(as they should !!)
User avatar
.270 WIN
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 am
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

.410
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 pm
Must stay away from the EBR... must not spend money... lol
Canadian Reload Radio - Canada's Premier Pro-Gun Podcast
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 am
Image
Image

.270 WIN
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:33 pm
Location: Nova Scotia,Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:36 am
Never even heard a rumour of this rifle.Is it made at the Ithaca plant in Ohio?
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am
Yes this was kept on the down low but is being made out of the Ohio plant. Right now they are working on it for the military but there will be civilian models at some point.
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 am
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
.270 WIN
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 am
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:14 am
What are the odds that it will be aloud to be bought in Canada. I'd love to get one when available. But I'm sure the good old Canada regs. Will screw that up :(
User avatar
Vendor
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 am
Location: Mobile, AL
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 pm
Normally I never had alot of interest in owning a tactical long arm, but this one is so dang nice I may have to save my nickels and dimes and get one.
--Jim
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:28 pm
Those last few picstures ...did you pick one up already Doc ?!
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 324
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 pm
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm
That's SWEET!
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:10 pm
I can't wait for this one to be available for purchase. As soon as it is I will post up for everyone.

.270 WIN
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:07 pm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:03 pm
ravengunsmith wrote:Normally I never had alot of interest in owning a tactical long arm, but this one is so dang nice I may have to save my nickels and dimes and get one.



I'd have never thought I'd like one either. That is until I shot one that a friend of mine owns, a S&W I believe. You had to try to miss with that thing. It was the shootinest rifle that I ever shot, and the recoil made a .410 look like a slobberknocker.

I'd like to have one, but the finances will not allow. I have heard that you can buy them piece/assembly at at time and put one together yourself and save quit a bit of money. It is tempting, kind of like the Cadillac that Johnny Cash sang about!
User avatar
Vendor
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 am
Location: Mobile, AL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:59 pm
I don't if anyone noticed, but the shield logo for Ithaca tactical is the shield that belonged to the knight's templar.

Heh heh heh
--Jim
User avatar
Vendor
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 am
Location: Mobile, AL
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:00 pm
Colonel26 wrote:
ravengunsmith wrote:Normally I never had alot of interest in owning a tactical long arm, but this one is so dang nice I may have to save my nickels and dimes and get one.



I'd have never thought I'd like one either. That is until I shot one that a friend of mine owns, a S&W I believe. You had to try to miss with that thing. It was the shootinest rifle that I ever shot, and the recoil made a .410 look like a slobberknocker.

I'd like to have one, but the finances will not allow. I have heard that you can buy them piece/assembly at at time and put one together yourself and save quit a bit of money. It is tempting, kind of like the Cadillac that Johnny Cash sang about!


I do appreciate everything about an M-4 style rifle, Col. They are feats of engineering and works of art in my book. I'm just a shotgunner at heart and that is what I have always targeted my purchases. But you are right, they are honeys.
--Jim

.22LR
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 am
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:13 pm
ravengunsmith wrote:I don't if anyone noticed, but the shield logo for Ithaca tactical is the shield that belonged to the knight's templar.

Heh heh heh


I noticed the lazy eight (full auto) marking. Whats up with that? They planning on making a FA version for law enforcement agencies? or is a spikes lower thing? just for looks?
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:55 pm
They are currently working on a military contract and then they will be releasing civilian versions.

.22LR
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:44 am
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:36 am
May have to check out the civiliam model from Ithaca...
User avatar
Vendor
Posts: 967
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:06 am
Location: Mobile, AL
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:59 pm
gunner wrote:
ravengunsmith wrote:I don't if anyone noticed, but the shield logo for Ithaca tactical is the shield that belonged to the knight's templar.

Heh heh heh


I noticed the lazy eight (full auto) marking. Whats up with that? They planning on making a FA version for law enforcement agencies? or is a spikes lower thing? just for looks?



They are going for the military contract, from what I understand. If that pans out we could see a civvie version sometime.
--Jim

.22LR
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:52 pm
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 pm
Interesting. Is the magwell changeable or is there a completely seperate lower for the 7.62x51 version?

Is the discoloration wear, oxidation, or purposeful?

Piston or D.I.?
User avatar
.270 WIN
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:22 am
Location: Texas
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:02 am
Wow, very interesting. I built a short barrel CMMG a while back...but now I wish I went for a .308 version. Perhaps that will come to light, if not I suppose I could buy a long barrel version from Ithaca. :)
Insert comical quip here.

Copper BB
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 pm
when will they be available got to have one will have one whenever i can get one lloyd
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 667
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm
Location: New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 pm
No eta at the moment
User avatar
.270 WIN
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:14 am
Location: Mitcham, South London, England
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 pm
Any news of this yet? and more importantly will there be a sub calibre training version? Over here we are only allowed .22 semi auto rifles and a full on mini rifle competition market has grown out of this limitation. Currently being led by S & W with their superb 15-22. Come on Ithaca! get some market share!

Return to Ithaca M Series Carbine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron