gun stock for model 51?

1970-1980

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:33 pm
i am looking for a trap grade gun stock for my 51. monte carlo or one with adjustable comb. just wondered where to start looking. also has anyone ever had choke tubes put in a 51. i would like to use this gun for sporting clays but my barrel is fixed full. any advice would be appreciated. i've had this gun since i was a teenager and would like to get more use out of it

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 am
The 51 was produced in skeet and trap versions. If you look long enough I am sure a stock will show up on one of the auction sites like Ebay or GunBroker. Just keep looking it may take a while. You may possibly also try Numrich gun parts they sometimes have some odd parts like that. As for choke tubes I myself have never heard of it. The 51 does not seem to retain a lot if value, many guys would not consider putting that kind of money into this model. On a side note you should take down the gun removing the trigger group ect. Inspect the nylon buffer in the back of the reviver to ensure it is in good condition. If it is not in good condition do not use the gun until you can get a replacement installed; otherwise the arms on the bolt carrier will break from metal hitting metal.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:02 pm
accually , try numrich

i was over there looking to see what 51 parts they may have availible and stocks happen to be something they had listed as "in stock"

they had all kinds listed

Return to Model 51