Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under Shotgun

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:32 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum TwoFacedSoldier !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:48 am
Straight from the horses mouth today. They are redesigning some parts of the gun and Probly won't be in production until 2016 .
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 pm
That is correct barrelslime...
Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:15 pm
Ruger just discontinued the RL, so I guess the American-made O/U market is all for Ithaca now.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:14 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum OCshot !!

Which Ithaca firearms do you own and enjoy...?!
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:06 am
Hello there, and thank you. I have a Featherlight Model 37 in 16ga, bought in 2012. It was my first gun purchase, but my second one to possess (the order took a bit long, so I got a handgun while I waited.)
I was taken aback to see Ithaca now has a rifle! It might be the topic of another thread, but did I miss something? What does it mean for the Phoenix?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:04 pm
Post a picture of that Featherlight Model 37 in 16gauge when you find the time...
Vendor
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:34 am
OCshot wrote:Ruger just discontinued the RL, so I guess the American-made O/U market is all for Ithaca now.

There are still Kolar and Connecticut Shotgun, but you will pay for the privilege of owning one.
--Jim
Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:54 pm
raven gunsmith wrote: There are still Kolar and Connecticut Shotgun, but you will pay for the privilege of owning one.

Very true! Forgot about Connecticut, and somehow wasn't aware of Kolar, which I guess is of a single purpose, competition. Either way, both are way off my league. So to correct my previous comment, Ithaca now has a unique position in a particular American made O/U market segment, good news still. Thanks.
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:11 pm
OCshot wrote:
raven gunsmith wrote: There are still Kolar and Connecticut Shotgun, but you will pay for the privilege of owning one.

Very true! Forgot about Connecticut, and somehow wasn't aware of Kolar, which I guess is of a single purpose, competition. Either way, both are way off my league. So to correct my previous comment, Ithaca now has a unique position in a particular American made O/U market segment, good news still. Thanks.

Kolar probably makes the best boxlocks in the world, but yes, they are strictly target guns. Their mechanical triggers are a work of art. CSMC makes a great gun, but they are, what I would call "boutique" guns, guns that are made in limited numbers. Nothing wrong with a gun like that, they are beautifully made but not for everyone.

Ithaca has a golden chance to to straddle both worlds, field and competition, I really hope they don't let the chance slip away.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 pm
Man I hope this O/U is at shot show this year! Sure would make a nice anniversary gift for the wife. Cuz you know I would have to keep the dust off it when she isn't using it.

Side Note: Ithaca if you are listening please make it extractor capable, Love reloading, Hate picking up hulls.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:13 pm
Welcome back to the forum TF Soldier....!!
Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm
TwoFacedSoldier wrote:Man I hope this O/U is at shot show this year! Sure would make a nice anniversary gift for the wife. Cuz you know I would have to keep the dust off it when she isn't using it.

Side Note: Ithaca if you are listening please make it extractor capable, Love reloading, Hate picking up hulls.

I hope so too, but sadly, I am not holding my breath.
--Jim

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:33 pm
I thought I would revisit this one, while I'm hoping this comes to fruition. I think I'm going to look in another direction.
Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:05 am
Chuck Findley wrote:I thought I would revisit this one, while I'm hoping this comes to fruition. I think I'm going to look in another direction.

I already did, bought an A-10 from Galazan.
--Jim

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:20 pm
ravengunsmith wrote:
Chuck Findley wrote:I thought I would revisit this one, while I'm hoping this comes to fruition. I think I'm going to look in another direction.

I'm leaning towards a Browning haven't decided yet.
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 pm
Chuck Findley wrote:
ravengunsmith wrote:

I'm leaning towards a Browning haven't decided yet.

The 725's are very nice. Mechanical trigger.
--Jim
Previous

Return to Ithaca Phoenix Over-Under