28 Gauge NID Questons

1925-1948

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:06 am
drms99 wrote:My NID is choked skeet in the right brl and full in the left (I had the barls opened to full and skeet, it was tighter than an owls butt when I got it) I believe the factory records show it as being choked full and full when it left the factory. However, the chokes back then were tighter than they are today because of the longer and tighter forcing cones. My experiance with anything much over 7/8oz has not been positive. Way to much shot stringing. I've shot everything from crows and ringnecks to competion sporting clays with 3/4 of an oz and if I put the load where it belongs things fall out of the sky. As for prices on old Ithacas. Pending grade, condition, rarity and a whole host of other factors I've seen them go for 3k to 25k it really depends on what your looking at. I've seen a couple of the flues models sell for sub 3k but those were local auctions. Keep in mind with Ithaca they were made, they just weren't made in great quanties. I looked for mine for almost 15yrs. (I was beinging picky as to grade and overall condition as well as cost.) Anyway, Have a Happy New Year.

Do you have any pics of your 28?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:57 am
In What barrel lengths were the 28 gauge NID's offered? Thanks much, Jerry

Return to New Ithaca Double