Flues Grade 1, 16 Guage

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
I recently bought a a Grade 1 and a neighborhood estate auction. I have gradually learned more about the gun from several sources. The SN is 309422 and I understand it was manufactured in 1919. It has Damascus barrels both full choked (I understand 4 stamped on the flats indicates full). While it has some condition issues I was attracted to it immediately because of the beautfiul grain on the stock. Issues are loss of some stock finish and case hardening on the receiver. But, it is not missing any wood nor are there any cracks in the stock or fore stock. Mechanically it appears near perfect and the bores are bright and shiney.

A couple of questions still linger... There are a couple of stampings on the barrels and I would like to learn what they mean if anyone can help. On each barrel is a 3 alphabetical character stamp that reads: HRA or HRP or HRF (can't quite make out the final character. Anyone know the significance? Also, following the 3 character stamping is a stamping that looks like a capital A except that it quite wide and the top is rounded rather than pointed.

Many thanks for reading my post and for any information you can add about this gun. I was super excited to be able to put it into my safe

Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:10 am
The letters identify the Belgium maker of the tubes.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:33 am
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum gatherer !!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:34 pm
Many thanks for the info Walter. I didn't realize the barrels were made in Belgium. And thanks Shooter for the kind welcome to the forum. This is my first ever Ithaca purchase and I am very happy with it. Hope there are more. I bought the gun not knowing much about it other than the manufacturer--It is great fun doing the research. Wish I had found the forum before yesterday.

Return to Discontinued Ithaca Models