M37 slide pin

This is the place to post anything and everything related to the functional aspects of this site.

Moderator: ripjack13

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:40 am
Does someone know the trick for removing slide pin from the slide?
Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:53 pm
It's easy. get yourself the thinnest slot head screw driver you have like a mini or a large jeweler's one. Hold the receiver so it is hole side up. with the butt closest to you, slip the blade of the screwdriver against the pin on the right side where is against the breechblock and slide it to the left. as you do this, push the slide away from you and it should come right out.

hope that helps
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 pm
Thanks for response, but the slide pin is broke & I want remove & replace it. I see a little pin that might hold the slide pin but it's not buging. Maybe I'm not seeing what's really holding the slide pin

Thanks
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:24 pm
Ohhh, well you need a 1/16 punch and lots of WD-40, hoppe's or anything that can dissolve the years of impacted burnt powder and oxidized oil. You might ant to compress the slide pin while you try to punch it out, as it will take the lateral pressure off the pin. But just keep soaking it until it frees up, you just have to be patient and take your time. Either spray it on or drop it in a drop of liquid, the choice is yours. But the trick here is patience.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:12 am
Thanks, Compressing the pin while driving out was the solution
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm
paulhelmers wrote:Thanks, Compressing the pin while driving out was the solution

Great! glad to hear! Good luck!
--Jim

Return to Ithaca Owners Site Support