Raven Gunsmith - Ithaca Dealer

Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm
Hi all,

I am a Full line Ithaca Dealer. Based in Southern New Hampshire, I have been with Ithaca almost since the time they re-opened their doors. I have very competitive prices and I have shipped to 45 states. I only charge actual shipping and insurance charges. If you don't have an Ithaca Dealer in your area, please send me a PM and I'd be happy to help get you get your Ithaca at a great price. I take all major CC's and I just need a 10% deposit and an FFL in which to ship.

Thanks

Jim
--Jim
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:27 pm
Welcome to the Ithaca Owners Forum ravengunsmith !!

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:21 am
Sir , I am looking for early DEERSLAYER III with a heavy unfluted barrel with the laminated stock. If you happen upon one please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Art,
ALW3
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:55 am
Holy crap! $1400 for that?!!
Former Admin

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:11 am
Raven, I had seen that one. It looks good. It may have collector value for someone but for me it is a bit too high.

ALW3
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:33 pm
ALW3 wrote:Raven, I had seen that one. It looks good. It may have collector value for someone but for me it is a bit too high.

ALW3

Being a prototype, I would figure they would price it for the collectors value. Personally I don't think it is worth that.

May I ask why you would prefer an unfluted barrel? THose DSIII's get mighty heavy dragging them around the woods for 5-6 hours.
--Jim

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm
Raven, Sure.., I thought the heavier barrel would be stiffer, thereby increasing the accuracy. I have not read any accounts of a test comparing the two. I do not know anyone who has tested both the early model and the subsequent fluted barrel version to actually detrmine if there is a difference in the accuracy level.

Art
Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 am
ALW3 wrote:Raven, Sure.., I thought the heavier barrel would be stiffer, thereby increasing the accuracy. I have not read any accounts of a test comparing the two. I do not know anyone who has tested both the early model and the subsequent fluted barrel version to actually detrmine if there is a difference in the accuracy level.

Art

I do see your line of thinking, but please also realize that the new DS III's have a guaranteed accuracy of 4" groups are 200 yards. Unless you are shooting terrorists from 1000 yards, you probably won't need better accuracy. In fact, you probably would be a bit more accurate because you aren't dragging around another pound or so of steel.

I know fluting generates alot of controversy and opinion, but when properly done, fluting will not hurt nominal accuracy one bit. I would never flute a finished barrel, however, When done in the proper order of things, fluting is not harmful at all. Hart will happily flute their barrels and if you know anything about hart barrels, if there was even a chance it would hurt accuracy, they would never do it.
--Jim

Return to Firearms For Sale