AR resolving a customer service issue.

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:13 am
A while back, I had an issue with AT&T. My cell phone was not working, so I called AT&T to see about getting a replacement. Not only were they less than helpful at the "customer service" number, but incredibly rude, too. :oops: Well, after an hour long call trying to get this resolved, AT&T told me that they cannot repair or replace the cell phone, since I am currently out of contract. Seems their policy is not to fix legit issues if the phone bites the big one, but they do cover the phone with a direct replacement if the phone suffers a "catastrophic failure due to abuse or neglect". Good to know.

I hung up, loaded one of my AR's up, took the rifle and phone outside, and BOOM!... the cell phone proceeded to suffer a "catastrophic failure". I called back and informed them of my unfortunate event.

I sent in my cell phone along with the following picture, that I later turned into this "inspirational poster". I had a replacement within two days, along with a $100 service credit. The credit was explained as "for my troubles", however I suspect it was more like "not gonna make this guy mad" instead. AT&T issue has been successfully resolved by S&W. :lol:

A friend asked if I really did shoot the phone. Well...

I honestly believe that if he were alive today, John Wayne would kill Chuck Norris with his bare hands!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:20 am
I had problems with straight talk on a phone I bought from them the previous week. Fortunately, I used a credit card and they got me a refund. straight talk never sent a prepaid pick up for the phone, (that's all I wanted after they sent a phone that wouldn't work in my area, their mistake). It met a like failure with a 520gr. cast .45/70 bullet!

You know, they hang up on you after you swear at them twice...
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:21 pm
krag96 wrote:I had problems with straight talk on a phone I bought from them the previous week. Fortunately, I used a credit card and they got me a refund. straight talk never sent a prepaid pick up for the phone, (that's all I wanted after they sent a phone that wouldn't work in my area, their mistake). It met a like failure with a 520gr. cast .45/70 bullet!

Lol... nice! Glad to know I am not the only one who has had similar resolve with a cell phone provider's poor customer "service". At least with mine I had a nice little half of the phone to send back to them... a 45/70 govt. I would imagine would not leave much to ship back. :mrgreen:
I honestly believe that if he were alive today, John Wayne would kill Chuck Norris with his bare hands!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm
Rob Poston wrote:
krag96 wrote:I had problems with straight talk on a phone I bought from them the previous week. Fortunately, I used a credit card and they got me a refund. straight talk never sent a prepaid pick up for the phone, (that's all I wanted after they sent a phone that wouldn't work in my area, their mistake). It met a like failure with a 520gr. cast .45/70 bullet!

Lol... nice! Glad to know I am not the only one who has had similar resolve with a cell phone provider's poor customer "service". At least with mine I had a nice little half of the phone to send back to them... a 45/70 govt. I would imagine would not leave much to ship back. :mrgreen:

The credit card company already got me a full refund, I told straight talk to send a call tag for their junk, they didn't so I drove a .45/70 Springfield through their phone as a notice of final divorce.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:57 am
krag96 wrote:
Rob Poston wrote:

The credit card company already got me a full refund, I told straight talk to send a call tag for their junk, they didn't so I drove a .45/70 Springfield through their phone as a notice of final divorce.

Awesome work! Yeah, a 45/70 gov. will definitely make the point... provided there was anything left to send them. :+)

Return to Long Guns