Re-occurring guns

Moderator: LAZY EYED SNIPER

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 am
Ithaca owners.com seems to be getting a little on the dead side, so how about a discussion on gun models that just keep re-occurring in your life. Particular models that you bought, sold, bought again, maybe sold off again, and buy another! Life just doesn't seem right without one in the safe.

For me it's been M-1 rifles. Sometimes I have multiples, sometimes, like now just one, but there's almost always been an M-1 around the place.

M-1 carbines. I've had a bunch of them over the years, sold or traded them off, got lonesome for one and, sure enough, bought another! Just something about the little carbine that warms my heart.

.45/70 Springfield's! I've never had more than one at a time, and there were times when the safe was void of one, but they're just too much fun to shoot with "Holy Black" and heavy cast bullets, or for those relaxing plinking sessions, ten grains of Unique and a lighter cast bullet.

I guess there are a few other models that get traded off/sold, but those are my top three.

Just for the record, I've never sold or traded an Ithaca!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:39 am
Hmmmm, mine seems to be Ithaca model 37's! I'm sending off payment for two more today, lol.

But there has hardly been a time when I didn't have some iteration of Savage/Stevens 311.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm
I have had a number of 870's and Mossberg 500's pass threw. I do like 870's and I think I have had about 7 but I just never seem to get around to using them and they end up getting sold or traded. As for Mossberg 500 my first shot gun was one in 20 ga and have had perhaps 7 of those that I can recall. While they are a good sound design I just do not personally like them and only pick them up when the price is good enough that I can re sell for profit. As for 37's I only remember selling 1 to date.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:46 pm
Seems I keep just about every firearm I buy...

I did sell two used Rugers for a new Ruger once...still have that Vaquero.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:14 am
Probably Ithaca 37's, I wish now I had a couple that I sold off before I became serious about the brand.

As far as M1 carbines go, I saw a very serious collection of them here in NE Ohio. There is a local gun shop that has a personal display that is really cool.

I have a couple Sharps rifles that I really should sell, but I am having a hard time .............

"prying them from my warm living hands"
Vendor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:33 am
For me it is Beretta's. I've bought and sold some real beauties, too. One little problem, they don 't fit me worth a lick. Thankfully they sell easy and quick and without losing their value.
--Jim
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 am
krag96 wrote:Ithaca owners.com seems to be getting a little on the dead side, so how about a discussion on gun models that just keep re-occurring in your life. Particular models that you bought, sold, bought again, maybe sold off again...

Sell a gun??? People do this???? :mrgreen:
I honestly believe that if he were alive today, John Wayne would kill Chuck Norris with his bare hands!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm
I'm a young gun enthusiast just starting out so I couldn't really say I've had any re-occurring guns but I would bet I'll always have at least one Ruger 10/22 and 22lr pistol in the line up (I love plinking too much to not own a couple 22's) and don't think I could ever part with with any of my model 37's.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:53 am
I couldn't part with a '37 either! As for Ruger .22 autoloaders, I'm on my second "Mk1" pistol and my second 10/22! They are great .22's to frolic with at the range!

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:58 am
Rob Poston wrote:
krag96 wrote:Ithaca owners.com seems to be getting a little on the dead side, so how about a discussion on gun models that just keep re-occurring in your life. Particular models that you bought, sold, bought again, maybe sold off again...

Sell a gun??? People do this???? :mrgreen:

Yeah, I admit to doing it at times when there was another gun whispering my name and offering to follow me home and I thought interest had vacated my heart on one that I had that I didn't shoot in a while, but I'm a changed man! I have repented for my sins and promise to keep the ones I have in a nice loving home, give them the proper exercise and feed them a healthy diet.

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 pm
My dad picked up a Stevens 620 in 12 ga. while I was in school. I re-stocked it, and that was the gun I learned to shoot trap with. Since then, I've picked up a 20 ga. and later a 16.
I got away from pump guns when I bought my first O/U, and of course, now my interest is Ithaca SxS's, but I can't bring myself to part with those three. And this spring, I used one of them to teach a fellow from our church to shoot trap.
And I don't even want to get into muzzleloaders! :lol:
A flash in the pan, a puff of smoke, and a prayer to the great Lord on high...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:13 am
And I don't even want to get into muzzleloaders!
I also have the blackpowder bug, however mine are cartridge guns, higher end repro's of 1874 Sharps and Stevens 44 1/2's.

I have sold off a couple Ithaca 37's I wish I had still. One was a NIB King Ferry 20ga. There was also another 20ga that I sold off and maybe a 16ga. For a while I was buying and selling and trading as I moved towards my collection of single shot rifles.

Other than the KF 20, the others were just shooter grade. However, with what I know now, and what I know how to do now, those shooter grades could have been upgraded and I now know how to go about upgrading KF guns to feed reliably.
Vendor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:42 am
drcook wrote:
And I don't even want to get into muzzleloaders!
I also have the blackpowder bug, however mine are cartridge guns, higher end repro's of 1874 Sharps and Stevens 44 1/2's.

I have sold off a couple Ithaca 37's I wish I had still. One was a NIB King Ferry 20ga. There was also another 20ga that I sold off and maybe a 16ga. For a while I was buying and selling and trading as I moved towards my collection of single shot rifles.

Other than the KF 20, the others were just shooter grade. However, with what I know now, and what I know how to do now, those shooter grades could have been upgraded and I now know how to go about upgrading KF guns to feed reliably.

You like 44 1/2's? A few years ago I sold a 44 1/2 with the serial number of 4 totally mint with the original scope on it. it was a .25-20 and came with brass and dies.
--Jim

Return to Long Guns