Ithaca Model 37 Schematic

Moderator: ripjack13

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:44 pm
RGS,

That is true I saw paper shells through the mid to late 70s but but by that time the norm had become plastic as far as factory loads went.

Wow, green hull 20ga shells I have always remember them as having yellow hulls.
Vendor
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:34 am
No No Chuck, these were 60's vintage shells. He used to buy them a flat at a time.
I'll have to take a picture of one of the spent shells I have to show you. Many people don't believe me when I tell them that Remington used to make their 20 gauge shells in green. Ironically they came in a Red Box. I remember seeing 20 shells in a range of colors, from Red to blue to green, but everyone changed to yellow, when I guess some yahoos were dropping 20 gauge shells into their 12 gauge guns by mistake. I guess reading the headstamp is just too much trouble.
--Jim

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:43 pm
ravengunsmith wrote:No No Chuck, these were 60's vintage shells. He used to buy them a flat at a time.
I'll have to take a picture of one of the spent shells I have to show you. Many people don't believe me when I tell them that Remington used to make their 20 gauge shells in green. Ironically they came in a Red Box. I remember seeing 20 shells in a range of colors, from Red to blue to green, but everyone changed to yellow, when I guess some yahoos were dropping 20 gauge shells into their 12 gauge guns by mistake. I guess reading the headstamp is just too much trouble.

Well reading the headstamp on a shell can be to much trouble for some. I honestly remember only yellow shells for 20 ga. That said I remember seeing 12 ga shells in colors other than red and 16 ga shells in other colors than the purple, a color that I have associated with 16s.

Come to think of it the only shell I have seen in one color is the 28ga, I have only seen red ones.
Vendor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:59 am
Chuck Findley wrote:
ravengunsmith wrote:No No Chuck, these were 60's vintage shells. He used to buy them a flat at a time.

Well reading the headstamp on a shell can be to much trouble for some. I honestly remember only yellow shells for 20 ga. That said I remember seeing 12 ga shells in colors other than red and 16 ga shells in other colors than the purple, a color that I have associated with 16s.

Come to think of it the only shell I have seen in one color is the 28ga, I have only seen red ones.

Apparently so, but I do remember seeing green remington and Red Winchester paper 20 shells and then green and red plastic ones, I have a couple empties that I use to test extraction and ejection. I remember shooting some peters paper shells in blue, too. 16 gauge no less. I wish I knew then what I know now, I would have saved every last paper shell.
--Jim

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:17 pm
Found this. Part nomenclature legend may prove useful.

Ithaca37ExView.gif
Found this diagram with part nomenclature legend.
Ithaca37ExView.gif (67.95 KiB) Viewed 20274 times
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:25 pm
That's a decent schematic and legend. I will blow it up and hang it. Very useful !
Previous

Return to Ithaca Model 37