CamelBak Delta-5

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:10 pm
I have ordered the Delta-5 tactical vest/hydration pack! After getting the Linchpin and seeing the quality, I knew the CamelBak was the way to go for my MOLLE vest too!

CamelBak Delta-5

Built for high-speed tactical environments, the NEW Delta-5™ Tactical Vest combines revolutionary design, fully integrated hands-free hydration, rugged pouches and ergonomic comfort. All constructed with the most durable materials on the market.

SPECS:
Hydration Capacity: 102 oz (3.1 L)

Total Volume: 189 cu in (3.1 L)

Includes the 102 oz (3.1 L) Low-Profile OMEGA® Water Beast™ Reservoir

Pack Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg)

Materials: Lightweight, durable 500D Cordura® Fabric

Pack Dimensions: 20 in x 24 in x 2 in (508 mm x 610 mm x 38 mm)

Features:
CamelBak® Got Your Bak™ Guarantee: If we built it, we'll Bak it™ with our lifetime guarantee

Reservoir Features: Easy-to-fill and clean wide-mouth OMEGA® opening, rugged and durable Water Beast™ material, leak-proof screw-cap, insulated PureFlow™ tube, patented Big Bite™ Valve, HydroLink™ Exit Port and Drink Port, HydroLock™ one-handed flow control

Additional Features: MOLLE attachments for CamelBak® pouches and zip-cuffs, Ambidextrous, no-slip butt stock seating, Ambidextrous metal sling/accessory attachment points, Velcro for ID and patches, Adjustible to fit most sizes, with or without body armor, Ergo angle Big Bite™ Valve with cover, Heavy-duty, low profile drag handle
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 pm
I look forward to seeing your review Brad!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:59 am
Awesome setup there Rossignol !! Looking forward to seeing and reading more on this new addition to your kit...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:46 pm
Thank you gentlemen! The MSRP on this is $194, but the best retail I have found is from Gear Zone starting at $126.

The quality of the Linchpin is unbelievable, and I expect no less of this! I intend to use it to carry my 1911 plus magazines, shotgun shells, rifle magazines? The idea is a set up for competition and I wanna see if it can be adjusted down for Allison!

I'll let you know as soon as it gets here, will likely be next week!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:57 pm
All this time and no update? What was I thinkin?!!!

The Delta-5 way more than meets my expectations! It is indeed built with the same quality as the LinchPin!

The cordura is heavy, its covered with MOLLE webbing, the front is mesh, and there is a ton of adjustment!

I've been wearing it while quail hunting! :D I keep a 12 round shotshell holder on one side, and my Mudinyeri EDC first aid kit on the other side, both attach to the webbing. I also, on one side, tuck the collar transmitter antenna into the webbing, and a whistle on the other. Even though the transmitter and whistle are a lanyard, this makes carrying them easier.

The thing wears really well! Its very comfortable, and with the adjustment via the straps on each and through the shoulders, you can get it form fitting, or if youre like me, you can take it in a little and use it like a girdle! :lol:

It also looks great with blaze orange! ;)

You can see the American flag patch on the back. That velcro runs the width of the back, and there is velcro on each side of the chest too! Also, there is "piping" on the outside edge of each shoulder to act as a stop for the butt of a gun.

Now, while bird hunting, I dont have access to the bag on the back of my vest. Doesnt matter to me, I use a mesh bag to carry birds! I just wrap the cord around the MOLLE webbing. You can also see the piping I mentioned in this picture.

I'm not traditional by any means as far as hunting goes... This vest meets my needs and my style! I dont have to carry a canteen or water bottles anymore, its so well balanced when adjuted properly I dont even notice the load. It also fits into my philosophy that its easier to carry what you can wear, and having a piece of well fitting equipment is worth every penny to me!

The CamelBak stuff is great! Durable, well made equipment that carries a lifetime gaurantee!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com

Return to Product Review