Meprolight Tritium Ithaca Model 37 Shotgun Bead

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm
Hey Ithaca Owners!!!

Ok, so Meprolight doesnt have an "Ithaca" bead sight. The Ithaca bead is a 6/48 thread, and that however, Meprolight does have!

I've been using the Meprolight Tritium bead for awhile now, my daughter used it on her .410 for some time before me though.

Shotgun Tru-Dot® Night Sight
CAT# ML - 34045 shotgun bead is a 6-48 thread size, which fits the Ithaca Model 37 shotguns

My 590A1 has been fitted with the Meprolight tritium bead in all my recent video, which you can see by clicking the "RossignolST" link in my sig. The dot isnt as green as whats pictured above, but rather white and white ringed as you would imagine. In the dark however it is more or less green, still not like what is pictured.

From Meprolight;

Get the Meprolight® Advantage :
Unequaled Low Light Performance
Brightest Night Sights Available Today
Used by Military & Law Enforcement
Rifle/Shotgun sight are covered by a 5 years usable illumination warranty to orginal purchaser.

Something else I want to add here, Meprolight says the tritium should last 12 to 15 years!

First Impressions:
Its a small piece and is fairly low profile with the barrel. Also, the finish matches the parkerized 590A1 very very well, pretty much indistinguishable one finish to the next.

Installation:
Installation is simple, more or less... Remove the existing bead, and thread the Meprolight into its place. Heres the thing... The Meprolight bead will bottom out past center, not aligned with the barrel. To back it off means it isnt snug so you have to add something between the bead and barrel. I have heard of some folks using black electrical tape in a couple layers and then carefully trimming the excess back so nothing is visible beyond the edges of the bead. I however used some thin doe kid skin leather and it worked perfectly. Snugged up nicely and wont move without a good deal of effort.

Uses:
Well, its an excellent upgrade from a standard bead sight and is very easy to pick up in your sight picture. I have yet to do any night shooting, but its clearly visible in the dark without messing up your night vision. In the videos I have posted its clearly quick to aquire a target. Even Allison had no issues using it on my 590A1. I'm lovin the Meprolight and it may have found permanent residence... For the folks diggin Ithaca compliant, quick and easy tac upgrades, the Meprolight tritium bead may be just what you need!

I'm happy to link up some video if you like of that 590A1 in action breaking clays at 12 yards with full power Winchester Super X 00 buck!
RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:37 pm
Good info as always my friend... !! Thanks

Return to Product Review