RANGE EAR PROTECTION

Anything and everything related to competition shooting (ie trap, skeet, etc) can be posted here.

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm
I use SUREFIRE EP3 Sonic Defenders...

EP3 Sonic Defenders protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their double-flange stem design fits most people and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced via a proprietary design that incorporates the patented Hocks Noise BrakerĀ® filter. EP3s include attached stopper plugs, which can be inserted for further protection, and they also block out lower-level noise like that heard on a plane. They can be used in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical.

The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Each set is packaged in a convenient carry case. Available in clear or black.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:14 am
Those look awesome!!!

We use the basic Winchester brand from Walmart.

RossignolST
on YouTube
brad@mossbergowners.com
"No free man shall ever be procluded the use of arms."
Do right and fear nothing!
Vendor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:40 am
I had a pair custom molded at my local audiologist. I already have some hearing loss and I wanted/need maximum protection. They do make it hard to hear quiet sounds, but it beats the ringing in my ears that I get when I wear anything less. They did cost $175 but I have had them for 4 years

They are extremely comfortable and I use them for everything from mowing the lawn to shooting.
--Jim

Return to Competition Shooting